Hey! It's me!! Kristina McGuire, free-spirit and fun-loving gal, finally finding what makes my soul happy, living my best-library life at a small rural Wisconsin library. When not at work or completing school work I like to spend time with my family, travel, crochet, quilt, organize my home and spend time with our 3 dogs.
Does your library have a book club? A book club that any and all patrons can attend? A book club where they choose the reading list a year in advance? Angie W. Cox Public Library does! I'm a member and I think it's kind of weird. Last night while sitting at a book club hearing the other ladies talk about our current months read, which by the way was "Alaskan Holiday" by Debbie Macomber, I thought to myself, this is weird...... A group of 6-7 ladies (no men) sitting around talking about a book they just willingly read. Very rarely I hear or see on social media a group of men, or a man attending a Book Club. Is this a "woman" thing to do? I enjoy listening to everyone's opinion of the book but when it comes to my turn, I feel awkward. I feel my point of view or thoughts are usually different from the others and when I verbalize them, I get weird looks. Now, this might just be me and my self esteem but even last night at Book Club I made a comment about n...
Comments
Post a Comment